Saturday, November 2, 2013

Photo Shoot Fridays!

Lily, 3 Months
Before I started watching Tristan, Lily and I had a lot of free time on our hands. She was three months old when Jordan had to return to work and I wanted to stay as busy as could be. When my daily chores were done and she was napping peacefully, I came up with some cute ideas for ‘photo shoots’ with her to send to family and friends for holidays and just because! We did the monthly photo shoots on her giraffe blanket and in her chair, but I wanted to do more! She is so photogenic and a genuinely happy and beautiful kid (I might be a little biased on that one) that I could not resist. I found a few cute ideas on Pinterest that used towels and household items to make a scene on the floor, and then you just lay the (usually) sleeping child on them. I did this surfing one with Lily that I just adore! 


Tristan, 3 Months
When I started watching Tristan, he was three months old and just as adorable as Lily. I had Ashley bring over his Superman onsie and I designed a ‘city’ out of cardboard, some blankets, and toys. It was a hit! Everyone wanted to see more and with both kids. And so began photo shoot Fridays! They’ve gone from simple backgrounds and easy to photograph children to elaborate paintings, super active kids, and silly costumes but I thoroughly enjoy doing them and as soon as I send them to Ashley, RJ, and Jordan, I post them to Facebook and our friends and coworkers go crazy! It's all about having fun and being creative. It keeps my hands busy during nap, gives me one more use for the cardboard from the diaper boxes, and gives everyone a good chuckle during their day! I'll start posting more of those pictures on here very soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment