Friday, June 13, 2014

Last minute Father's Day present!

This week was a rough one in Kelly land. On Sunday we were driving over to my parents for the day and I suddenly felt this weird and uncomfortable pain radiating up my side and back. I knew something wasn’t right and as we got closer, the pain got worse. I hobbled inside and collapsed on the floor. After a nice day spent in the ER, I was sent home with the news I was gearing up to pass a kidney stone and some pain meds. Let me just say I would not wish the pain the next 24 hours brought on my worst enemy. Luckily by Tuesday the worst was over and I started feeling human again. The only plus side to this madness is that I got to read almost half a book (The Fault in Our Stars). It has not passed yet but at least there is only slight discomfort and I can stand up straight.

In all the madness, I did manage to cram in a Father’s Day craft. I actually started it last week, thankfully, because it ended up raining most of this week and we barely made it outside. It’s simple and cheap and sure to be a big hit!

Oohh check out those chevron jars
All you need is sidewalk chalk, a frame (I found mine at Walmart for under a buck), a white paint pen or Sharpie, and some willing and photogenic kids! First I drew a ladder up to the moon and stars. I had each kid lay on the ladder, pretending to climb. This was obviously the hardest part, as what kid under 2 wants to lay still with the sun shining in his or her eyes? Not these two. The outtakes are almost as great as the final product. I found two I liked and changed them to black and white and printed them out. Using the paint pen, I wrote “I LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK”, inserted the picture, and VOILA! Easy, adorable, and cheap!



Hope everyone has a fun, relaxing, and Happy Father’s Day weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment