Sunday, July 27, 2014

Wonder what the poor people are doing...

Greetings from gorgeous Gatlinburg! If I could blog from this view every day, I would be one happy mama!

Our trip started with a 3am wake up call. I can barely wake up on a normal day at 6:30 when my alarm goes off, but somehow I was wide awake when I heard my alarm ring! We finished packing the car, made some breakfast wraps, and were on the road by 4am. Lily was up until around 5, saying over and over “We’re going to Tennesee, Mommy!” We stopped at a rest stop around 6 and she woke up again. She was pretty pleasant, and stayed up til around 10:30. We step up the iPad for her and she watched some Elmo and Peg + Cat. The only snafu was when our internet connection was shotty and Netflix froze. She was usually pretty easily distracted by a snack, looking outside, or singing a song. I am so proud of how well she did on this drive! It took about 10 hours and then we were stuck in downtown traffic to get to the cabin for about an hour and a half. We just kept snacking and singing!


The cabin is beyond amazing. The wood detailing, the simple rustic decorating…I’d live here in a heartbeat! I tried to take some pictures but they don’t do it justice. I’ll try to update with some better pictures later. We’re getting ready to go on some sort of adventure downtown!









No comments:

Post a Comment