Friday, June 19, 2015

Simple Father's Day Craft and Card!

As usual, I start pinning for holidays and events far in advance and then a week before it's 'due', I make a mad rush for the Dollar Store or a craft store to whip up something fun and creative. Not much has changed about me in my procrastination ways since college. Or elementary school. For Father's Day this year, I had a few ideas pinned that I wanted to try, mostly involving footprints. Cliche, I know, but I think about how fast they are growing now and soon they aren't going to want me painting their feet for cards and projects. And to be honest, their feet are starting to stink a little more each day!

During my recent trip to the Dollar Store, I managed to snag the last two DIY-decorating travel mugs on the shelf. It was fate. I decided to make Tristan's foot into a tractor and Lily's into a guitar. (I wanted to include some sort of pun on Jordan's and found a cartoon of a piano telling a guitar not to fret. This turned into "Don't fret...I love you Daddy!") I know, I am a nerd. Anyway, the travel mug came with a paper to decorate, so I simply traced that and used that as a guide for making a picture to put back in. Well, as usual, I wasn't running on all cylinders and managed to design BOTH papers upside down. I cut and trimmed and glued to a different piece of paper and BAM crisis averted. They came out pretty cute and I am excited for the kids to give them to Jordan and RJ. 

We also made simple cards that look like a shirt and tie. I did all the cutting and gluing and then the kiddos did all the decorating. The construction paper is also from the Dollar Store. Simple, easy, and adorable and affordable. The way we like it!! Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment