Friday, February 27, 2015

T Week!

Monday
We had a very pleasant Monday. The kiddos helped me dust and clean after we did our usual morning routine. I love how helpful they are. And also how OCD they can be. Every speck of dust that was in their eyesight was removed. And handed to me. We painted our Train T’s and played with our ‘snow dough’. After sitting over the weekend, it’s slightly messier, but I already had the broom out anyway! After nap, the kids played with the magnets on the fridge. They have become a new favorite toy, and they moved them from the fridge to the floor today to make a train for the letter T.

Tuesday
This morning was slightly rough. One, if not both, of them are getting some new molars so we’ve all been a little moody. We did our morning routine minus our songs. Instead, I put the Hit List music channel on and we had a dance party to dance our crazies out. It worked temporarily. We ate some snack and sang Mahna Mahna a few hundred times, all while cracking up. Today’s project was inspired by T week and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. I painted their forearms brown and their hands green and we made our very own coconut trees. I need to get some letter stickers for us to stick around the tree, so a Dollar Store trip might be in the cards for this evening.


Wednesday
Today was a laid back kind of day. I found some lower case letter alphabet letters while sorting through my supplies (which is something I need to do a little more often). They had so much fun lining them up along with their other magnets on the fridge. We tried spelling our names and recognizing how some lower case letters look different than their upper case counterparts. We painted some paper plates green and glued turtle legs and heads to them. They ran around like crazy people with those things once they were dry, making them swim and skate and fly!


Thursday
We forgot to do our calendar yesterday, so we doubled up on our dates today, and got back into our usual morning routine with some exercising and some freestyle dancing. I like to use the sound bar or the Music Choice channel to play music for them because most music videos are not kid appropriate OR Tristan and Lily start freaking out and yelling at the people in the videos for climbing on tables, jumping on couches, or hitting cars. It’s hilarious and cute but I’d rather just put the music on and let them dance. We did some fine motor tuning by building very tall towers out of blocks. We also worked on sharing, taking turns, and asking before we knocked someone else’s tower down. Sometimes that is a little tricky to understand, but we’re getting there! We played some more with our new magnets and practiced sharing yet again. 


Friday
Finally, Friday. Actually, this week wasn’t so bad. I feel like I started a lot of projects that I need to complete, but they’ll get there. I retrieved my Barbie collection from my parent’s house last night so we spent some time this morning playing with Luke (Skywalker AND Perry), MC Hammer, the kids from the Babysitters Club series, and Joey Lawrence. Tristan enjoyed setting up the furniture on the existing furniture in our house (ie the chair on the chair, the couch on the couch, etc). After we did our ‘songs’ and the calendar, we ate some snack and stripped down to our smocks. I find just wearing a smock is the safest way to paint with a toddler. Also a giant drop cloth (or old sheet in our case) also does the trick. We painted the top of our spaceship today! I cannot wait to complete this cardboard creation. We have been working on painting it for a few weeks now. I have to get some more glue sticks and add some fun details to it, but it’s about 78% complete and on its way to take off. Hopefully in time for a Photoshoot Friday next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment