Tuesday, January 7, 2014

"I hate writing. I love having written." -Dorothy Parker

I read an article on how to write an effective blog this afternoon and one suggestion that stuck with me was to just write. I usually do have to start each blog in a Word doc and then edit after I have gotten everything down that I wanted to say. Usually my thoughts jump all over the place and what I originally started out writing about gets lost in the sauce.

The holidays are over and yet I am still pooped! I feel like the month of December was just a big blur of running around and wrapping paper. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed (almost) every minute of it, but man…I think I still need a day to recoup! We did have a snowstorm last week so I did not have Tristan Friday which gave me a chance to finish opening Lily’s new toys, organizing her room, and cleaning out her closet. I am trying to keep our room clean and somewhat organized. I started a new craft (more on that soon) which involves rolling up magazine pages, modge podge, cardboard, and a hot glue gun. My work space is the 4 x 6 space in between our bed and the closet, and it tends to get a little over run. I did get a label maker for Christmas and that has done wonders. I feel like if a plastic drawer/box has a name on it, I will be more likely to put the items away. We will see how long this lasts!

I also have been making myself weekly to-do lists. Sometimes during nap I get sidetracked or I don’t know which project to start. It never fails, though, that if I have a set plan, or a big idea, one kid wakes up waaay too early. I make sure most lists have simple things on them like “wipe down the bathroom” just so I can cross something off!They balance out the ones that have been on the list every week, like "sew buttons on your coat". 

Oh and I am very excited to announce that I am blogging from the comfort of my bed while watching The Wire on HBO Go. This is the life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment