Wednesday, September 24, 2014

A Little Me Time...

Every great once in a while there comes a day where the breakfast I have made not only one but both kiddies gets eaten without a complaint (or any mom-like threats). The outfit I planned out while showering as fast as I could before a child woke up from nap fits wonderfully and looks as good as I imagined. Both kids sleep almost the same amount of time during almost the same time with no interruptions and I can clean, craft, prep, blog, or simply brush my hair and put on makeup. Both kids eat (most) the lunch they asked for (or agreed to eat) and no fights occur during outdoor time or a wagon ride. I doubt any of these mini miracles have ever all happened on the same day or else I would have no doubt have exploded with joy. But it is those little things that go off without a hitch or tantrum that make my day so much easier, and help my patience level last so much longer. And if not, there is always a nice glass of wine at the end of the day. Or a new crafting project.

That being said, I haven’t been doing any crafts or projects for me lately. I’ve been planning stuff to do with the kids, and working on some Shutterfly projects I have vouchers for to try and get ahead of for some Christmas presents. I watched an episode of Project Runway the other day and it inspired me to get a little artsy craftsy. I stumbled across some canvases I haven’t used yet while cleaning and begain to brainstorm what I wanted to use them for. Anyone who knew me in high school/early college remembers my bedroom being collaged floor to ceiling with magazine clippings. It started out one night when I couldn’t sleep and became my insomnia project for the next month. For this specific project, I wanted to use different color clippings meshed together to form a picture. I sketched out my picture first, then got to cutting and gluing. I put a layer of Modge Podge on top to seal it all on and voila. The finished product turned out better than I had expected! And, almost more importantly, I was in my happy place! There is something about cutting magazines up and being covered in Modge Podge that I find relaxing. Here's a peak at it when it was 95% finished---the other 5% of work was adding some special details to make it a gift that hasn't been given yet! 


What is your favorite during-the-day-can't-escape-physically me time activity? Some days, I sneak a chapter of a book. I know, I am just a wild woman!

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment