Thursday, September 11, 2014

The time has come for colds, and overcoats…

…not really quite yet. It's actually really humid and gross out right now. But the time has come for Halloween and costume making! We visited a costume store a week or so ago and it might have scared Lily a little bit! They had a big display complete with a creepy pumpkin scarecrow on a swing that was talking. She has informed me many times that it scared her, but it was only pretend. 

I thought I could get one more year of deciding what costume to create for her before she started asking for specifics. I was thinking 50s Chick, with a poodle skirt, pony tail and curled bangs, a sweater, and some sweet saddle shoes I have been eyeing up for her but can’t quite bring myself to buy. But Jordan asked what she wanted to be, and she said “Ummmm PRINCESS!” So I guess I will be making some sort of princess attire. I am not sure if I should go the route of a Disney princess (she’s not really into one specific character yet) or if I should just go for the generic princess. Since everyone (and probably literally their mothers) are being Elsa and/or Anna, I am going to skip on those two. She also is fickle with what she has on her head, so I don't know if a long Rapunzel wig will be in the cards. 

I loved making Lily's lady bug costume and Tristan's owl costume last year and thought they came out pretty cute. Guess it’s onto the drawing board (and some Pinterest boards) to see what I can make on a budget! What are you making (or buying) for your little people for Halloween?

Boo at the Zoo 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment