Friday, October 10, 2014

Week 6 Recap!

Tuesday:
We painted our Flamingo F’s with pink paint and talked about things that start with F. We went outside for a little bit and drew things that started with F with sidewalk chalk. After nap, we had a laid back day and played upstairs in Lily’s room for a little bit. Lily was having a pretty rough day and I couldn’t be sure if it was due to being alone with just me on Monday, the fact she saw my side of family this weekend where she is the only kid (and slightly spoiled), she’s coming down with something, or simply because she is two! 



Wednesday:
We were a little more on track today. Both kids ate full breakfasts without fussing once. I am still in shock. We took our stroller walk but came inside after to take Lily’s temperature. She woke up coughing this morning and her nose has been runny. After how unusually mood she was yesterday, I took her temperature but she didn’t have one. It has been a bad allergy day for me, but we made a doctor’s appointment for this afternoon anyway. Usually I would just give her some Claritin and wait it out, but with what has been going on medically, I do not want to take any chances, especially with any sort of respiratory illness. Before nap, we talked about families. I drew (stick figure) families for each of them, and we named everyone. When we got to Lily’s family, we named Grammy, Pop, Bobby, and Becky, and then she added Nan. We gave her a halo and wings and said she is now our angel. 

Thursday:
Today started off a little rough. For as nice as yesterday’s breakfast went, this was its polar opposite. There’s nothing more fun than trying to empty the dishwasher, eat your own breakfast and choke down some coffee with two banshees screaming at each other. But we made it. We took our stroller walk in the morning then played outside for a bit. We had our snack and I couldn’t remember what project I wanted to do today. I usually prep the night before but I was spending some time working on Lily’s Halloween costume and scaring myself by watching American Horror Story. We played with playdough for a little bit and practiced using cookie cutters and the little plastic knives. I attempted to sew a little during nap but that kept Lily up, and woke Tristan up once, even with the soundproofing I tried with some towels. After nap (that Lily opted not to take—but she just lays in her bed with her dolls) and lunch, we tried a new fine motor activity. I hot glued paper towel and toilet paper rolls of different lengths to a piece of cardboard and gave each of them a handful of large pompoms. I showed them how I dropped them in. They did this for a little bit until all the towers were full, then we dumped them out and I gave each of them new instructions. One had to put all the blue pompoms in the tiny tower, and the other had to put all the white pompoms in the tallest tower. They had fun helping each other out and sorting by color.

Friday
It was quite chilly this morning and both nuggets have runny noses, so we kept it low key. We painted things that are purple, made Bats on the Moon with our hand and footprints, and had a dance party in the living room. It’s getting grayer and chillier, so we might pop in a movie or watch some of our favorite YouTube videos after nap. This is perfect snuggle weather for that!


Have a fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment